2015年10月11日日曜日

" Volunteer" and "Obligation "

I take care of the plants in the park near my house as a member of women’s association. Me and hardworking 77 years old lady, that I was partnered with, needs to take care of these plants. We pull out the weeds, gently pick up the withered petals and water the plants there. We need to do it 2 consecutive days, every after week, twice a month. We generally start this work at eight thirty and end it at nine thirty or ten.

Not that I dislike taking care of plants but I sometimes feel that it is becoming an obligation. Our association first makes the schedule of watering the plants, then the members have to follow it. Of course, we can cancel it if we have a hectic schedule but going there makes me uneasy because I  don’t like the sense of duty. After having my schedule, I have to remember my responsibility. I don’t like this feeling the most.

I love getting up late and hate getting up early moreover I tend to work inside my house, crocheting, sewing, learning English online and so on. Therefore I don’t have enough chance to go out and I rarely experience the nature, so somehow it may be necessary for me to be obligated to touch the nature.

In fact, raising plants gives me good effects: smelling flowers and earth makes me calm and happy, my mind is getting bright when I see the flower blooming, and I feel seasons changing directly from plants. The woman who is my partner knows how to raise flowers very well and teaches me as well. I also enjoy talking with her.

Taking care of plants in the park is sometimes an obligation for me but it is good a chance for me to experience the nature at the same time. It is good for my body and mind. I want to enjoy the work from now on.



0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿