2015年10月11日日曜日

“Faces”

When my mother was young, she was very pretty. Unfortunately, I look like my father rather than my mother.

People often told to me, "Your mother is very pretty but you don't resemble her." I felt inferior of my appearance and their words hurt me seriously. Thus, I pretended not to be interested in my looks and fashion while feeling a strong inferiority complex. However, I believed beautiful girls had advantages over ordinary ones.

In fact, most men love beautiful faces. I noticed that they tended to treat beautiful women more kindly than they would treat ordinary women.

Since I was young, I strongly wanted to be prettier and I often thought about what the beauty really is. Some adults told me that not only the outer beauty is important but also the inner beauty. However, I still couldn't understand the meaning behind it.

As time went by, I experienced a lot and I came to understand their words and perspectives about beauty.

Certainly, the outer beauty is important. For example, I have a very ordinary face but when I wear my favorite dress, I would look prettier than usual. So I feel a bit happy and confident whenever I wear my favorite dress. That goes the same with hair and make-up. The outer beauty sometimes compensates for the inner beauty. Positive minds reflect on their faces. Cheerful expressions can make people look blooming and attractive.

However, it is very difficult to keep positive mind because people tend to have negative feelings - - selfishness, jealousy, doubt and so on. Negative feelings make people sad and dark even thought they have beautiful faces. If we want to be beautiful, I think we should expose ourselves in various experiences and overcome negative feelings. One day, I noticed happy and confident people tend to look beautiful.

For me, a beautiful person is someone who is both beautiful inside and out. Coco Chanel said, “Nature gives you the face you have at twenty; it is up to you to merit the face you have at fifty.”

Now I believe that we should be more responsible about our own faces.



                                                     *My mother

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿