2015年10月11日日曜日

“Kyoto Brand”

As Kyoto is one of the most popular cities in the world, Kyoto Brand is supported by a lot of people.

A few of famous Kyoto brands are “Kyo-ryouri” which means Kyoto style cuisine, ”Kyo-gashi” which means Kyoto style sweets, ”Kyo-gofuku” which is Kimono designed and sewed in Kyoto, ”Kyo-yasai” which is Kyoto vegetable, and so on.

 I have been living in Kyoto since I was born, same as my father and my grandparents. Since I love Kyoto very much, I’m very proud that many people in the world also love my home town, Kyoto.

 One day, I went to the restaurant, which is famous for using “Kyo- Yasai” with my friends. Kyo-yasai” is a general term for varieties of vegetables that were created by selective breeding which have been practiced a long time ago and have been produced in a traditional manner mainly in regions in Kyoto Prefecture.

 Recently “Kyo-yasai” is very popular in Japan. When people hear the name of Kyoto, this brings out  a special kind of feeling which is traditional, artistic, noble, culture rich, etc. Therefore many restaurants emphasize on using the Kyo- yasai brand.

 However, I don't think it's good that Kyoto brand will be very commercialized in terms of food.

 Unfortunately, some restaurants use ordinary breed of vegetables in their food but label it as “Kyo-yasai” which means special breeds of crops that can only be grown in Kyoto. For example, some restaurants used western breeds of vegetables, carrot, onion, pumpkin which were produced in Kyoto and ambitiously advertise them as “Kyo-yasai”. The shop owner knew the name of Kyoto is an effective way to draw in people.

I think such act is an abuse of the name of Kyoto and it spoils the culture of Kyoto. I hope the people will notice the difference between authentic and traditional Kyoto and the fake one. I want them to  love the authentic “ Kyoto –Brand”.



0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿