2015年10月11日日曜日

" Don't Compare Ourselves to Others. "

We tend to compare ourselves to others and then we often feel inferior.

I often feel lesser, anxious and frustrated when I compare myself with others. Such negative feelings make me tired and unsure of myself very much. I suffered from inferiority complex for a long time.

When I started Iyengar yoga, I was the person with such negative feelings. At that time I often felt miserable when I couldn’t do even very easy yoga pose while other students could do difficult ones easily. Now I think it is very natural because I was a beginner and we have very different personal situations but I tended to feel inferior feelings then.

But soon I came to forget such negative feelings because doing yoga was very fun and comfortable. This has made my mind light and calm. Practice made my body more flexible and thus also made my way of thinking adoptable. Gradually I could do some difficult yoga poses.

I focused on my own progress and that reduced my inferiority complex, which made me confident. My negative tendency was lessened, therefore, I felt both my body and mind became light. This yoga experiences taught me that it is important not to compare ourselves with others but to focus on our own progress.




0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿